'Blame it on my youth' but don't talk about the youth justice system

As I negotiated my way through Leicester Square
The forecast had said rain would ease off from 8 AM. As I stepped on to the wet pavement it felt like rain had started to turn into ice. It probably wasn't but I noticed a slight wobble in my legs and decided upon coffee time. I spend an hour or more in a coffee shop almost four days per week, sometimes even more. The sheer necessity of reliable internet connection is perhaps more important than the quality of coffee beans. It should really be the other way round but sadly, LawNewsIndex requires a fair bit of bandwidth in terms of the compilation, collation and editing of the pages several times each day. I grabbed a seat by the window in a branch of Starbucks in Victoria. It was so blissfully sunny for a few moments that morning, but then it went. I had missed those moments of sun trying to switch on the netbook and fumbling for the headphones inside my rucksack. Eventually, when I settled down, took my first sip of the coffee, it was starting to rain again. It was going to be a long day. Brad Mehldau started on 'Blame it on my youth'.

Compiling a law news blog whilst on the move can be such a chore some times but last Friday was perhaps the most pleasant of such days. Three coffee breaks, a long walk along the South Bank with another one of TheLawMap triumvirates along with visits to my favourite exhibition in London at present - Tim Walker, Story Teller at the Somerset House. Go see it lawly folks even if fashion photography has no meaning to you beyond what is worn under the overcoat.





Last week's Twitter highlights had included wonderful interactions with the following from the legal community:

for lovely interactions and nice tweets this week to: 


 
 
 
 
 
 

 
_________________________
For a complete archive of Law News dating back to 27th January 2011, please visit -
LawNewsIndex.com 
Share on Google Plus

About TheLawMap

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment