Lightfooted, roasted fennel and a flawed monitor


The week started of over a dinner with the delightful Kathryn Jellings, Learning & Development Manager from Consult Capitol, affiliated to Capital Law. We are old friends, as old friends go when you are in your 30's. The Old Library had stopped serving food by the time we had sat down to eat so it  resulted in a sojourn to the Barocco and some lovely paella. I am sure that our conversation covered lots of important matters but the paella was really so lovely that I can't remember much else!

Towards the end of the week I was in such a rush to finish off everything before heading off to West Wales that a suitable headline for this week's blog could not be thought of in time. I was after all, visiting my Classicist friend Dr. Ken Donovan. Any visit to Ken's is a culinary journey through wholesome Italian dishes. The fennel starter was so deliciously moist that conversations ran late into the evening touching on religion, culture, legislation and all things civilised. We also discussed secondary double glazing and competent window cleaners during this visit just in case anybody thought I was making it all up. By the time we had loaded the dishwasher and sat down to watch the Newsnight Review programme, it dawned on me that I had forgotten all about Twitter.

Here is a view of the lovely wood overlooking Ken's house. To the right would be a McDonald's arch so I deliberately chose this view! Aside from eating out and visiting friends the most debilitating part of the week had been the death of my nine year old LG monitor. The reader might argue that I had good value from it since it lasted so long but that is not the point. It should not have fizzled out like that in the middle of a tweet about the abolishment of flogging in Jamaica. I felt so helpless when it happened that despite having the backup of a little netbook my world collapsed. Maintaining LawNewsIndex on a little 10 inch netbook is not an enviable task.

This week's Twitter highlights had been some wonderful interactions with the following members of the legal community:


for lovely interactions and nice tweets this week to: 
  
Share on Google Plus

About TheLawMap

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment